SPIB Dry Kiln Operator Course
May 7-8, 2019
8 AM until 4 PM
The dry kiln course covers the basics of kiln drying, setting up schedules, troubleshooting kiln problems, preventative maintenance, and quality control issues related to drying. The instructors for the course are SPIB Area Managers Mark Gillis and Terry Roberts. In addition, kiln equipment vendors:
- Alan Robbins, USNR, kiln controls, sloped grate sawdust burner.
- Brian Kimbrough, Louisiana Steam Equipment Co., properties of steam, steam controls, and troubleshooting.
- Chris McCasky, SCS Forest Products, Inc., NMI inline moisture meter, In-Kiln Moisture detection.
- Ken Polnicky, Smithco Mfg, Inc., kiln fan PM's, troubleshooting, sizing, and balancing.
- Rob Girardi, KDS Windsor, will discuss Continuous Kilns and In-Kiln Moisture Detection.
Who should attend: Kiln Operator, QC Technician, Maintenance Technician, Supervision.
Location: Course will be held at the Hilton Pensacola Beach.
Cost: Please make your check payable in the amount of $400 per participant to the Southern Pine Inspection Bureau, PO Box 10915, Pensacola, FL 32524 and denote course name. If you are paying with a credit card, you will receive an email from Authorized.net.
Important: Payment must be received prior to attending the course.
You will need to make your own arrangements.
Hilton Pensacola Beach
12 Via De Luna Drive
Pensacola Beach, FL 32561
Group Code: SPIB
Group Reservations 1-866-916-2999
Lunch and Course materials provided.
A reception will be held immediately following class on the first day.